Experienced Head Brewer / Production Manager
Position Type: Full-Time, Salary Employee
Copperpoint Brewing Company is a GABF Gold Medal winning production and taproom brewery in South Florida. We are a well established operation that continues to grow. We brew the beers we love and love the beers we brew! We Brew lots of Lager, along with ales, sours etc…This position offers a competitive salary, health benefits, paid time off, and more!
The Head Brewer is responsible for creating the production schedule and the job will require performing a variety of fundamental tasks befitting a production/taproom brewery, including but not limited to; managing employees, sharing in recipe development. SOP Creation, canning, kegging, wort production, cellar work, general operations, maintenance duties, and assistance in other departments as needed.
We operate a 20 bbl two vessel DME North American built brew house. We are extremely proud to have ALL North American built brewery equipment. PS Angelus PS50 canning line paired with a Ska Depalletizer. Highest quality well maintained equipment. Our beers are distributed through Florida and very soon will be in other southeastern states.
Job Duties and Expectations:
- Work with staff to develop and maintain high-quality standards for product
- Manage Hop Contracts and other supplier contracts.
- Work with a wide variety of vendors to facilitate all production needs.
- Maintenance and preventive maintenance for all brewing equipment
- Ability to travel on occasion for events
- Handling all aspects of production: including but not limited to: brewhouse operations, cellar work, packaging, EKOS record keeping, scheduling, managing employees, training employees, etc…
- Developing and Maintaining SOPs
- Maintaining safety program for the brewery
- Manage/develop a consistent production schedule (and try to avoid unnecessary drastic changes)
- At times some nights and weekends required outside of production dept (promote brand, beer fests, beer dinners, etc…)
- Willingness to assist and participate in projects and tasks not specifically listed
- Reliable & Punctual. And holds their team to the same standard
- Fantastic and Reliable Communication skills (text, email, phone, etc…)
- Solid knowledge and experience with managing employees
- Ability to brew a wide variety of beer styles with extreme attention to quality and consistency.
- Working with other departments and managers to achieve company goals
- Positive Personality and a passion for brewing and working in the beer industry
- Develop/maintain industry contacts, and foster relationships in the local craft beverage industry and beyond
- Coordinate and lead various collaborations
- Ability to train all new hires on all aspects of the production department
- Work with brewmaster and founder to develop beers for consumer demands/needs
- At times participate in distributor planning meetings
- Good Computer Skills & well versed in Ekos Software
- Keeping paper and digital logs of all brewing procedures, operations, recipes, etc… (timely upkeep)
- Ability to ‘lead from the front’ and create/support a collaborative positive culture and environment with your staff (and all employees)
- Have reliable transportation to perform all aspects of the job and being punctual to job requirements.
- Ability to operate and use a forklift and train people on it’s use.
- 3 years or more in a professional brewing role
- An understanding of Lock Out / Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, and OSHA rules and regulations
- Keeping the production area and all equipment very clean
- Must be able to perform continuous bending, twisting, stooping, reaching and lifting of moderate to heavy weight material up to 165 lb And, must be able to work standing for extended periods.
Copperpoint Brewing Co. is an established and growing brewery looking for a dedicated individual with exemplary work ethic and attention to detail who wants to bring their knowledge and collaborative spirit to our team. Come help us grow and lead a wonderful production department. We hold ourselves to high standards, and we hope to find someone with a similar mindset. We like to have fun and keep things light while working hard. If this sounds like you, please apply today.
- Very Competitive Salary (based on experience and education)
- Health Benefits
- Vacation and PTO
- And of course… Beer!
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to email@example.com
**NO WALK-INS and/or PHONE CALLS
***Must be at least 21 years of age
****If this posting is still up we are still accepting applications